Existing Member?

World Tour

August 20

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 15 September 2006 | Views [1486]

August 20 - Sunday
Twyning

It was a working day today.  We woke up to a gray overcast day there was no rain in the morning so we went for a jog along the river.  We went through flat pastures with sheep grazing.  The sheep weren't quite sure what to make of us and after a moment of contemplative staring they trotted off in another direction to continue eating.   
Jon put me through the paces as we worked our way to the Tewkesbury marina and back passing by fishermen along the way.  
We got cleaned up while Adrienne was working on our Sunday roast which is a very traditional event in England.  She had asked us what kind of roast we wanted and since I had never had a lamb roast before that's what she was preparing.  By the time we came downstairs at 1300 the house was filled with the most amazingly delicious, homey smells.
I don't think I've eaten this much meat in the last year let alone since coming to the UK.  The roast was beyond good.  She had also roasted some potatoes and leeks (neither Jon and I had ever had a roasted leek before - it's a new favorite), homemade mint sauce which tasted so good with the lamb (or was it the lamb that tasted so good with the mint sauce?).  Cooked carrots from the garden and a homemade apricot crumble for dessert.  Oh my gosh, what an amazing meal.
We talked to Jon's family on Skype later in the evening.  It was the first time we had had the opportunity to do so.  Adrienne has the whole video and skype set up since she talks with her son, daughter-in-law and new baby grandson via skype since they live in Houston, Texas.    We spent the rest of the day and evening chatting and preparing to leave on Monday.  Of course, as always we didn't get nearly the amount of work done that we had planned but so long as we were packed and ready to go tomorrow that's all that really mattered. 

Tags: Adventures

About the_nomads


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.