Existing Member?

World Tour

July 29th and 30th

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 23 August 2006 | Views [275]

July 29-30 Friday-Saturday Chalfont St. Giles We walked from the bus station with all our bags to Pam's house about 3 miles away and arrived in the early evening. We had dropped Mary off at the bus station mere seconds before the next train to Heathrow was leaving just in time to get her suitcase on the train, quick hugs and kisses before the doors slid shut. We had dinner and talked about our week and life in general. At some point the topic of foods that make us gag came up and we all had at our number one gag inducing foods to report to the group Pam: candied/crystallized ginger Catherine: melon Jon: melon and cucumber Sherry: rice cakes On Saturday we spent the day working on journals, doing laundry and organizing to leave the next day to make our way to Wales and the Center for Alternative Technology (CAT) which we were both really excited about - that and the weather. It had cooled down a few degrees since the beginning of the week but it was still darned hot. We had been warned that we would be rained on but were welcoming the idea at this point. We had maps spread out on the floor, the table, the couch, we talked about train times, various routes to take, where to go and areas to avoid. We were going to be as prepared as one could possibley be with the help of Pam and Catherine.

Tags: Adventures

About the_nomads


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.