Existing Member?

World Tour

July 14th

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 19 July 2006 | Views [253] | Comments [1]

July 14 - Friday Dorset We got up and had a bite to eat. I walked to the ASDA grocery store to buy a few staples. I bought a lot of fresh vegetables since I knew I wouldn't have to worry about them getting squished in a bike bag. Nutella was only 88p! Today was a work day and Jon had laundry going and was working on getting the pix organized. I spent the rest of the day uploading and organizing pictures, writing journals but was able to make time for a nap. Jon ended up riding back into Poole to buy some maps. Rory came home shortly after 1800 and Holly not long after. Holly was off to ride her horse while Jon got Rory on his bike for a test ride. We learned about some Rory's diving experiences in Egypt and New Zealand which sound amazing and hope to see some photos when we meet up with him again next month. We decided to stay in for the night and Rory cooked us an amazing dinner of corn, baked pasta (so good) and garlic bread. We, well mostly Jon and Rory, looked over the maps and talked about the best route to take to Chalfont St. Giles where his mom and sister live and where Jon spent several years growing up while his dad was in the navy. We put in a DVD - Serenity which is a movie we all liked but come 2300 I was ready for bed and after washing a few dishes (it was actually nice to be doing this everyday chore that I haven't done for well over a month now) before Rory caught me and told me to stop, I headed to bed while the guys stayed up until who knows when.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Why am I not surprised that you like the movie "Serenity"? "I aim to misbehave..."
"...we may experience some turbulance and then -- explode."
Finding Nutella at 88pence is a bargain!! Who ever said that the UK was too expensive?

  Robyn Aug 24, 2006 4:09 PM

About the_nomads


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.