Existing Member?

World Tour

Pedalling

ITALY | Sunday, 11 June 2006 | Views [380] | Comments [1]

June 5 - Monday

About 45 kilometers

We left San Guiseppe's after a great breakfast. We found the path along the Tiber and took it as far as we could on our way to Ostia on the coast. Unfortunately, the path ended aburptly with a turn around and no connection to the road. There was a bunch of older to elderly men in spandex and one older woman. One spoke a little English and was very helpful argueing good naturedly with the others about the best way for us to reach our destination. Finally a route was decided on and an older husband and wife riding a tandem volunteered to lead us out to the nearest connecting road about 4 kilometers away. Once we parted ways we quickly became lost in the maze of streets of suburban Rome. At one point I spotted a sign Oceania Pacifico, "hey, that looks promising".

"Sherry, we're going to the Mediterranean Sea"

Right.

Good god, I was obviously suffereing from too much sun, low blood sugar or something (I'd like to think) to have said something so stupid.

I felt frustrated and lost but Jon assures me that he knew where about where we were, we just needed to find the right road back to the landmark - to me that sounds like we were lost.

We found a place to camp, not the one we originally planned to go to but we didn't care. We set up camp, took showers, ate dinner and called it a night with plans to leave bright and early the next day.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

I am enjoying reading your journal, Sherry. Damn. I laughed out loud at your "Oceana Pacifica".....I'm so glad you are writing this journal.

  Debra Goff Jun 11, 2006 5:07 AM

About the_nomads


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.