Existing Member?

The Koetsy Capers

Flying to Fiji

FIJI | Tuesday, 6 April 2010 | Views [399]

The last time there was an impending international flight, Grumps was more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. On this occasion, Grumps is relaxed and Goog is awash in a sea of anxiety. I'm pleased that we are not flying with Qantas, as I'm not sure that we would actually get her on a plane. However, the fact that Leigh and Michelle are accompanying us has made it just that litle bit easier.

Naturally, a week in Fiji does not mean packing a suitcase full of clothes - Goog is packing the absolute minimum and has Grumps trembling in fear due to the (portent of disaster)words that she has uttered - "I don't need to pack much, I'll buy what I need when I'm there - everythings cheap!" Her idea of cheap and my idea of cheap are world aparts.

Nevertheless, we have arrived. We landed at Nadi at 6am and were put on a bus at around 7am to travel to our short term residence - the Naviti Resort. We arrived at 9am

As is eway with overseas travel, we now find ourselves lounging around the resort, waiting for our room to become available. We have been told that it could be as late as 2pm.

Given that it has ben well over 24 hours since we showered and we have been in the same clothes all that time, this has not particuarly enthralled us.

Never mind, it has just gone past 10am and Leigh has jsut spotted that the bar has opened, so we both have some heavy work to do. The showers can wait....

BULA !

 

About the_koetsys


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Fiji

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.