Existing Member?

seeking the wonders

Alone

EGYPT | Tuesday, 26 May 2015 | Views [128] | Scholarship Entry

After 14 hours of sitting in the train doing nothing, Memo finally reached his destination. It was about mid-night when he reached Aswan –a city in the southern of Egypt- but that didn’t banned him from going to watch the most important thing in Aswan which is the Nile river. It was very disappointing when he reached the bank of the river as he could see nothing because there was no light except for the light of the full moon which can barely make one see anything. So he had to wait till the sun rise to fulfill his eagerness. He started looking for somewhere to spend the night in, and he quickly found a youth house which was suitable for him. His body was exhausted so he didn’t feel himself and fall asleep just when he put his head on the bed.
After 8 or 9 hours of sleep, the sun light on Memo’s face which started to be too warm woke him up. At the first moments he forget where he was and how did he end up here, he looked around and saw his luggage and his thrown clothes so he remembered everything.
He washed his face quickly, put on his clothes and hurried up to see the view that he couldn’t see last night. Five minutes later he was there, there wasn’t something more beautiful than what he saw, the water was clear you could even see the bottom of the river, there were some small islands distributed randomly covered with natural plants and on the other bank there was a small gray mountain spotted with bushes.
The beauty fascinated Memo was in the combination of water, rock and plant. Getting on a boat right now and going through this capturing view was an urgent need for Memo, he didn’t lag and he rushed into the local people asking them for his need. And they didn’t make him wait, one of them hurried up and prepared his boat and in minutes Memo was away from the land hearing nothing except for the water running, the wind on the bushes and his heart beating announcing that he reached the peak of happiness.
The boat stopped at one of the islands inside the river, but it was different compared to the others. It was bigger and has very tall trees and weird beautiful plants. Memo spent the whole day wandering between the hands of nature and enjoying the colors and the sweet sounds of nature.
After two days in this condition a phone from his parents woke him up and forced him to return home unwillingly as the mid-year holiday was about to end and the school was coming, so he left Aswan with all the good moments he spent there carved in his memory forever.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About the_arabian_nomad


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.