Existing Member?

Carl and Beccy Haines Carl and Beccy Haines are off for a whole year to travel the world!

Saigon.....

VIETNAM | Sunday, 9 December 2007 | Views [255]

well.. after our bus ride from hell we decided to take it easy for a few days in Nha Trang... to be honest there wasn't a great deal to do there!  Nice beach but the weather was stormy..

Last night we travelled by the reunification express train again to Saigon.  We had a four berth cabin and thought we would be on our own but two Vietnamese men joined us at the last minute.. I found the joys of earplugs because both men snored! We arrived in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City at 0400 this morning... Killed some time at the train station and headed in to the main backpackers area at 0700...  Found a hotel and got a few hours sleep before heading out to sightsee...  We visited the Independence Palace and the Museum of War Remnants.  Both fascinating places considering the history of this country.

This evening we have just had some dinner and booked ourselves on a tour bus to the Cambodian border on Monday into Tuesday.

Tomorrow we're off to the Cu Chi tunnels just outside of HCMC.

Love to one and all,

Becy and Carl xxx

Tags: North to South Vietnam

About the-haines-rtw


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.