Existing Member?

Small town girls journey

Me and my road trip to Ephesus Kusadasi

MACEDONIA | Sunday, 17 May 2015 | Views [97] | Scholarship Entry

One of the best road trips for me was going to Turkey. It was the excursion that was organized by our high school in our third year of studies. Fortunately, I had my friends with me and I believe it was one of the reasons why I spent a very good time there. We were 7 days there but two to three days were spent on the road. We were going through our south border. I saw some places that I haven’t seen before. We even passed a sleeping volcano, which smelled sulfur very bad.

Most of the road until our destination was mountain side.My favorite part of this trip was when we passed the sea with raft. Even though it was night time, the city lights and the sea creatures, made my day and made me forget the exhaustion.

Finally, we reached our destination. One of the things that I didn't like there was the breakfast’s timing. We had to wake up early and rush to be there in the exact time. The food was very delicious though. Now that I think of this trip, I could say that my favorite day was our second day. We had more time to wander and to return in the hotel, where I had time to enjoy the sea, pools and prepare for the party that was organized for us. That day we went in Ephesus. It was literally breathtaking. The ruins, represented a life which was lived even before when we were dusts of the universe. The architecture, the stones, the sculptures were perfectly made. In each step we found a new “life”, which was describes in these stones. Certainly, we took a lot of pictures. One thing that really made me nervous was that I had forgotten my camera and I was bothering my roommate to take pictures of me. Next time, I promised to myself that, the first thing that I will put in my luggage was my camera.

In our third day, we went in the city.There were amazing shopping malls. I bought a lot, but finding Troy, was like being the part of the movie. I was amazing, because I've heard so much about it and now I was very lucky to finally see it with my very eyes.

None of us wanted to go back home, at least for some other two-three days, but we had to. The best recipe for a perfect road trip is simple. The place that you are going should be new and you should have your buddies with you. Personally, I think the soul of the person is maybe the main ingredient that will make you enjoy your trip.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About teuta1994


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Macedonia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.