Existing Member?

Beyond the Ebb and Flow

Strong All Along

THAILAND | Monday, 24 August 2015 | Views [268]

Don’t worry. I’m still alive. 

Koh Tao was amazing.  I loved it.  Shelly did a wonderful job at keeping me entertained. So, thank you, Shelly!

I left Koh Tao on Sunday and took a boat to Koh Samui, another island, which is where I am at currently.  Koh Samui is nice.  I like the hostel.  It is way easier to meet people at this hostel than it was at my hostel in Bangkok.  I met 3 Canadians, two guys and a girl who are all lovely.  I went out with them last night and we had a really good time!

It’s still unreal to me that I am even doing this.  Sometimes when I am traveling to my next stop, trying to figure things out, I get small bursts of feelings of terror from the realization of being all by myself…. on the complete other side of the world from my friends and family.  It usually doesn’t last long, and I can talk myself down from it.  It was comforting being with Shelly for a few days.  It sort of took that feeling away.  But, now I’m back to being on my own and try to figure this shit out.  I came to Koh Samui to go to the immigration office to extend my stay another 30 days, which takes a lot of stress off.  It was quite an interesting experience doing that.  Thanks again to Shelly, for telling me how to do it! I would not have been able to figure that out by myself.  Quite confusing.

I am staying in Koh Samui for one more night, then it is off to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon Party! I think the Canadians are staying in my same hostel there so I will actually have some people that I trust to go with.  Full Moon Party is huge.  I think its like 70,000 people or something.  Lots of craziness happens.  Don’t worry, Mom.  I’ll be good.  I think I might dive while I’m there so I can check out Sail Rock, which we did not get to dive while I was with Shelly.  It was too wavy or something.

I’m still trying to get used to the driving on the left side of the road.  The worst part is trying to cross the street.  It takes me about 20 minutes to get across due to looking both ways so many times because I can’t figure out which way the cars are going to come from.  It’s very confusing.  I almost got killed in Bangkok due to looking the wrong way, so now I think I’m traumatized.  I look both ways a million times just to be absolutely sure. Scooters are everywhere, and it’s terrifying.

I am having a great time so far, and I am enjoying being on my own.  I still miss the comfort of home sometimes, but it fades.  Its sort of like a rollercoaster ride of emotions, doing this on my own. 

"Strong all along. Strong all along. Come to find out the arm of the truth is long." 311 song. Look it up. 

Photos soon to come. 

I am off to hunt for food.  I’ll be back.

 

 

 

About tess311


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.