Existing Member?

Horner travels ... Of all the pages in a book, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport...

Deagon to KL

CHINA | Sunday, 6 March 2011 | Views [408] | Comments [1]

SATURDAY 5/3/11

Set out from Deagon Railway Station expecting a smooth journey but....... the train was held up for a while so we arrived late at Robina for the bus connection in torrential rain. After missing the 671 bus, we waited 1/2 hour for the next one which arrived promptly so we boarded. After paying, the driver asked us where we were going and told us that we were on the wrong bus - it turned out he had the wrong number displayed so we hopped off and waited another 15 minutes for the late, correct bus which then took twice as long to reach our destination. We went up and down the same streets and roads and even around the same roundabout twice in a row - we think our driver had forgotten which route he was on. He was also a cr.. driver. And we thought our travel problems would start in China, not Brissy. After a takeaway dinner, we settled into our motel room with cable telly and a welcome shower.

SUNDAY 6/3/11

With an early rise, 5.20am, we were driven to the airport. All went smoothly, including the flight - no bumps on the road.  After investigating our mini hotel room at Tune Hotel,we walked back to the terminal for an Indian dinner.  Our basic room allows one person to walk around the bed at a time - if the other person wishes to move, they have to leap over the bed but it is clean and convenient.  It is now 7pm and we have to think of going to bed as we have to be at the airport at 4am!!!! 

Comments

1

Glad you're having so much fun and it sounds like a great adventure.
Our news is that we're heading south to meet our latest grandson. No name yet but a big boy. 4.16k and 53cm long.
Safe trails and ENJOY!

  Jean Mar 14, 2011 2:14 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.