Existing Member?

Horner travels ... Of all the pages in a book, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport...

Ni'mah 19-3-10

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 19 March 2010 | Views [1219] | Comments [9]

KL - refreshing break

KL - refreshing break

3.3.10

Kuala Lumpur

When we got out of the airport we got on an a bus to the city and then we got on a train to our motel - Matahari Lodge. We had 3 beds. Went to Chinatown for dinner where there was lots of pretty red lanterns. I had oily fried rice - it was yukky!

4.3.10

Today we had a big, big walk. We explored Chinatown, Little India, KL tower, rainforest and the Central Markets. I would like to go shopping in Little India to buy some clothes-they are so beautiful. We had an ice-cream at the Tower. In the rainforest we saw two types of monkeys. I loved my fried rice for dinner-it was yummy.

5.3.10

My family went down the back streets in KL. They were very smelly. We lined up at the Twin Towers but did not get a ticket to go across the sky bridge as the only time was when we had to catch our plane  to go to Ho Chi Minh City. Asher did like this plane ride - on the first plane trip he did vomit.

6.3.10

VietNam

We went to the Ben Tanh Markets which were crowded with lots of people and very noisy. We went to the park where some girls were to my cut big smelly brother. Daddy told Asher to go over to the girls because they wanted to learn English. That night we got a taxi to a restaurant where we had dinner with Andre and Simone and Elijah.  Asher thought he was cute. Then we went to Fanny's - where we had some yummy ice-cream and Andre gave me some of his ice-cream - it was yum but was ushi ice-cream!

7.3.10

That morning we had some of Madam Cuc's breakfast. Then we went to a MUseum where there was a special lady who died when she was 60 years old.  My Mummy told me that she was rich and that is why they made her a Mummy. For dinner we went in the kitchen of our hotel for a  special meal.

8.3.10

We went on a bus. It was not bumpy. We went to Dalat on the bus and got a hotel room.

9.3.10

We went to get French sticks for breakfast with 2 avocadoes and 2 yogurts. Then we got a taxi to the mountains. We saw Elephant Falls - it is a waterfall. Then we went to the Silk Factory. We went to a minority village. We wanted to get a tea but there was a man who was drunk.He kept touching us . He was rude.

10.3.10

We went to Nha Trang. The bus was bumpy - the driver was going overboard. We looked for a motel and found one. Dinner was great . Then we went down the beach where it was dumpy - Daddy was shocked.

11.3.10

This morning we went to the beach for a swim but it was too dumpy. Then we went to an old ruin of Cham towers. I prayed for the Buddah in the old temple. For dinner we had a seafood curry. I share with Asher - it was yummy. I was upset when I saw a monkey chained by its neck on the outside of a balcony. On the river there were some boats with eyes.

12.3.10

Vinpearl Island!

I was in Ni'mah heaven! There were hundreds of rides. I went on a space hole - it was relaxing first off but then it went super speedy. I went  on heaps of rides and slides then we went into the wave pool. Then we went on a ride that was on a ramp and I had to sit at the front of a blow up boat which your legs went through. It was scary because it just suddenly dropped and I screamed. I also went on a chair ride and the roller coaster 2 times as well as games inside and saw a 4-D movie. We caught a cable car home and that night we got the sleeper bus to Hoi An.

Note from Mum: The swiss built cable car is the longest over the sea - 9km's going 1 km a minute! It was higher than the large ships below us.

Comments

1

Lovely stories Ni'mah. Mummy will have to print them all out for you when she gets home so you have them forever to remind you of your first overseas trip. Mummy still has hers from when she went over to Mexico etc. Lots of love to the birthday girl.
Ma xxxxxxxxx

  Ma Mar 20, 2010 11:43 AM

2

I have really enjoyed reading your holiday tales Miss Nimmy Noo! Vinpearl Island sounds like it was awesome fun. I bet Ethan would have loved it too! What a wonderful adventure you are having. Happy birthday....... Keep having a great time with Mum Dad and Asher

Love Leanne Stephen and Ethan

  Leanne Williams Mar 20, 2010 12:23 PM

3

Hello Interpid Adventurers,

We have really enjoyed seeing all your photos and reading your travel logs. What a fabulous experience for you all. And for us too, its very inspirational. Will have to start saving for our own overseas family adventure. Appreciate all your efforts in communicating it all for us to share in. This will be a great record of your trip. Not sure of your return date but looks like you might have just got back and from the other comments it sounds like it might be someone's birthday. Happy Birthday Ni'mah. Were you on the plane for your birthday? Hope you're all back safe and well. Asher and Nimah will have some great tales to tell the class back at school. Invite us to the slide night, we'd love to come and hear your travel tales....

Love from Fi, Gerry, Rhoan and Anaya xxxx

  Fiona, Gerry, Rhoan, Anaya Mar 20, 2010 4:11 PM

4

Hi Nimmy, Everything seems to be going great. Vinpearl Island sounds like the best fun so far. Wow, wish I was there with you. Sorry I missed talking to you (if you got to phone Ma's house today) Hopefully Mummy can ring our house sometime soon and you can talk to us all here quickly. Lots of love Aunty Toni and Jayden.

(Can't wait to hear some more about your travels soon) xxxxx

  Toni Mar 20, 2010 7:09 PM

5

Well my little Marilyn it sounds like your having a ton of fun. All the sightseeing,the fabulous dress shops,the cable car rides and gigantic fun parks.I hope you havn't spent all your hard earned savings yet.
It was sad about the monkey being tied up,maybe it was a nasty old bad tempered monkey that used to chase aussie tourists,and the pongy back streets of K.L. were your father&brother with you at the time,
you know what they are like.
All that food Nimah you will be looking like a little beach ball when you get home,[ have to pack you off to jenny craigs ].Can you bring back a
recipe for that oily fried rice, sounds yumky !
luv ya heaps.

  Bobby&Granma Mar 21, 2010 1:04 PM

6

Hiya Ni'mah...been hunting around for your latest story to pin this message to! Did your birthday cakes taste as colourful as they looked? And in that new dress you look jsut as lovely and colourful as the cakes! Am enjoying the stories and the pictures very much. A big hug to everyone...

  Ingrid Mar 24, 2010 5:41 PM

7

Hi Nia'mah,

Hope you are having a good holiday. In a week time I am going to England on holiday. It looks like you are having loadsa fun. The whole class is missing you.

Love Erin xxxxxxxxx

  Erin Mar 27, 2010 9:19 AM

8

Hi Nimah,
Happy Belated Birthday - sorry it is so late but we have been camping.
When are you coming back - I miss you :(
You must be having so much fun - I hope you like your holiday.
XXX

  Sienna and family Apr 9, 2010 12:17 PM

9

Sounds like you are having a fantastic holiday! I hope it's all just as amazing and look forward to hearing more when you get back.
:)
Sandra

  sandra appleby-lake Apr 13, 2010 4:12 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.