Existing Member?

Horner travels ... Of all the pages in a book, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport...

Asher, from 9/3/10

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 12 March 2010 | Views [422] | Comments [3]

Dalat Street Dinner

Dalat Street Dinner

Dalat. In the morning we booked a taxi driver for the whole day. First off we went to Elephant RFalls which was amazing. When you go down the bottom and look up, it is great. Next we went ton the silk factory which was pretty boring for me. There were cocoons everywhere and machines and the ladies hardly did anything by hand. After that our driver took us into the minority area of the village. Walking along their dusty street was nice with all the adults and kids smiling at you. Next we drove to the Crazy House. That time onlyn Mum, Ni'mah and I went in.  The Crazy House was awesome. My favourite part was a really cool bridge as well as the gardens. Soon after we drove to the old train station built by the French. This train stationn was not in use because it was bombed down the track during the war. I love the train station with its French influence and big arched  doors. We climbed into the old steam train engine, where the driver would be, but there was one problem - above all the leavers and pully bits there was exposed asbestos. we then drove to the Flower Gardens. There was hundreds of different species of flowers. My favourite was the orchid greenhouse. We then got the driver to take us back to our hotel. For dinner we went to a nice restairant and I got a really beautiful chicken and rice with heaps of vegetables and a nice flavour. It was called Da Quay?

10/3/10

Dalat to Nha Trang by bus.

First off we went to the bus stop to check times and prices. We ended up booking the 1pm bus. Then we went back to our motel and went out yet again.  We walked around dalat's streets for 3 hours and then collected our bags to go to the bus stop. On the bus going down the mountains was awesome but this driver was a bit more full on than the last one. Sometimes, when we were going through the clouds, it was a bit scary niot knowing where the edges were! After 2hours we stopped and Mum bought a few banana. Going on the bumpy road was as cool as 4 wheel driving. In the little houses on the side of this 'highway' were pigs, bulls and dogs. I kept waving and smiling ton children and one time I waved to a little boy he started running after our bus. When we got to Nha Trang we were given a ride to a little lane with a cluster of mini-hotels. the first we went to was booked out so we went to two more and they were booked out too. Finally we came to a nice one for $13 for two double beds and booked in for 2 nights.

Comments

1

The bus trip sounds really cool Asher. I am thinking that my dad is going to take us four wheel driving a lot on our trip soon. Glad you are having such a good time.
see you
Ethan

  Ethan Callaway Mar 15, 2010 5:48 PM

2

Everything sounds like great fun Asher (apart from the Silk Factory), but the Crazy House looked really fun in the photos Mum showed me. Glad you are getting to experience this wonderful trip. Say hello to Ni'mah for me.

Love Aunty Toni. xx

  Toni Horner Mar 17, 2010 12:52 PM

3

Is that how they cook it looks real cool does anybody think you a girl yet

Oliver

  Oliver Apr 13, 2010 3:13 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.