Existing Member?

back to the roots Somebody sometime told me that ancient Bulgarians were a nomad tribe...

London, UK

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 5 July 2007 | Views [416] | Comments [1]

It's been nine days since we left Toronto. An enormous sigh of relief! After all, the posessions are gone to friends and strangers lifting the anchoring weight they've been adding to my life. Still, our backpacks feel heavier than we imagined, and I and Misha are looking forward to delivering all the presents we carry to friends and family.

 London received us in its rainy but crispy early morning. Although having had no sleep in the air we decide to check in at the hostel and go for a bus tour around the city. Oh, tourist's greed! It is beautiful and busy. We exchange exclamations of appreciation and loyally keep each other awake :-) until our nodding is obviously devout of enthusiasm and is rather embarrassing. We decide to give in to the sleepiness before we head back to the streets.

     red, white and black

      In the evening, we discover the little Venice (an overview to a later trip), the crowded pubs and of course the local bear. The next four days are full of delight and wonder: so much life and imagination breaths in the architecture of this city! The buildings, the bridges, the curves of the streets and lampposts - everything is built with love and understanding of human nature (well, may be with the exception of the left side traffic :-); even than, a compassionate mind has come up with the signs on the roads “Look left” and “Look right”:-)

     Big Ban on a horse     no comments

 I should mention the cultural decadency of London. Over 4 days we manage to go to the opera, visit three museums, one science exhibition and the aquarium. If we were not exhausted from our prep days in Toronto, London would see even more of us :-)

      art on the streets     St Paul's Cathedral

What a great way to start our long journey!

For more and better pictures see Misha's photo work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/69781927@N00/sets/72157601994010917/detail/

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hi, guys

Just read the London leg of your journey. Ihave a sister, two nieces and brother-in-law in London and have visited three times in the last few years. I simply adore London! My favourites are Camden Market and Portobello Road market.

Frank

  Frank Oct 6, 2007 2:22 AM

About tedigeorgieva


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.