Existing Member?

life is hip My motto is "you can't make a homerun, if you never play".

Beijing

CHINA | Friday, 13 February 2009 | Views [723]

Arrived in Beijing。 I had a great day. It was raining, Beijing is polluted and I spent a bit of time in Taxis, but overall, a wonderful day.

I visited the Nokia office, which is situated in a middle of nowhere. Many familiar companies around that area; LG, ABB, BMW, Dole, Perlos, etc.. but very few having their headquarters there. I must admit, Nokia has very nice facilities here, but they are so darn far.

I had a very nice lunch with An Jun and Oliver from China legal. They took me to a Sichuan restaurant and tought me what to order in Chengdu.An Jun also gave me many good tips where to go and what to visit. Much appreciated!

After lunch I tested the Nokia facilities. I was able to beg a massage in a massage center (normally fully booked, and I actually came late for my first appointment :-( ). I felt like a totally new person after 15 minutes massage and 20 minutes fysio chair. (what a backpacking trip..)

Then I rushed to Ya'show. Visited the tailor and a framemaker - all orders made before the trip, hopefully ready to be picked up when I return to Beijing.

In the evening I had a dinner with Jing Liang. She used to work as an assistant for NEBU in China. She had kindly bought me a ticket for my train to Chengdu. We spent the evening yapping and eating Chinese yummy food.

Backpacker breed is one of the kind, I arrived in the youth hostel and immediatelly a nice English girl offers that I could join her and her gang for dinner.. nice.

(midnight, better get some sleep..)

About tarub


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.