Existing Member?

life is hip My motto is "you can't make a homerun, if you never play".

Itinerary

FINLAND | Sunday, 8 February 2009 | Views [852] | Comments [5]

11.2. Leaving Helsinki

12.2. Arriving in Beijing

Staying in Beijing Zhaolong International Hostel(北京兆龙国际青年旅舍)
Address: 2 Gongtibei Lu Chaoyang District, Beijing
Phone: 86-10-65972299

13.2. Arriving in Chengdu

http://wikitravel.org/en/Chengdu

Staying in Backpackers' Accommodation, Guesthouse & Youth Hostel, Address:No.23 Xing Hui Xi Lu, Ren Jia Wan, Wan Fu Bridge, Chengdu, Sichuan, P.R.China. E-mail:mixhostel@hotmail.com.

Things to see/do in Chengdu

Panda Research Base - This is the biggest facility of this kind in the world. Due to habitat destruction and other reasons, the Giant Panda is maybe the most famous endangered animal. The Research Base is home to some 60 giant Pandas, but also has some Red Pandas and a colony of black-necked cranes. The Research Center affords views of the pandas from much closer than is possible at many Western zoos. 

Mount Emei - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Emei

Mt. Emei stands at 3099 meters (10,167 feet). Ever since Buddhism arrived in China, it has been an important center of refuge, and the mountain contains more than one hundred temples and monasteries. The mountain is a Unesco World Heritage Site.

Hiking is the main attraction but things to see (and stay the nights):

  • Wan-nian Monastery - a large monastery with a fantastic statue of Puxian Bodhisattva, who is depicted as riding a white elephant with six tusks. The monks there are great, and they add a good deal to the ambience of the mountain.
  • Leiyin Monastery - this temple, and some of the others temples tucked away in the seams of the mountain, are worthy of exploring.
  • Baoguo Si Temple - Contains a massive bronze bell, said to be heard from 10 miles away when rung
  • Jin Ding Si Temple - Near the summit, there is a terrace with a fine view

The Giant Buddha in Leshan is probably the most popular nearby destination.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leshan_Giant_Buddha

17.2. Train to Xi'an

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xi%27an

Here is the famous Terracotta Army http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terracotta_Army

I am hoping to go hiking at Mount Hua Shan

Mount Hua http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Hua

20.2. PingYao

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pingyao

21.2 Train to Beijing

23.2. Leaving Beijing and Arriving in Helsinki

Comments

1

You cannot make a homerun without playing "pesäpallo", which by the way should be banned by the law! Summa summarum Have Fun!

  Anssi Feb 8, 2009 5:28 AM

2

cool reise planung, remember to keep yourself on the map using google latitude, well be watching you!

  Rauski Feb 9, 2009 12:29 AM

3

May The Force Be With You Taru! - Carita

  Carita Feb 9, 2009 6:15 PM

4

Fantastic! Have a safe a wonderful adventure!

  Eric Feb 10, 2009 2:43 AM

5

you can also consider a trip from Chengdu to Lijiang to Kunming. you will see one of the most beautiful places in China - snow covered mountains, rampant torrents, friendly peoples... when you hit Lijiang, which is a 800 year old and peaceful town, you could find a lot of bars! And Yulong Mountain is just nearbym where you can take cable cars through the cloud all the way to the top. if you have enough money to spend, try Banyan Tree Hotel - a top spa hotel built in the middle of nowhere... call me when you need.

  AJ Feb 12, 2009 6:04 PM

About tarub


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Finland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.