Existing Member?

Pictures and Stories from our Time in Thailand

Turning Japanese

THAILAND | Monday, 3 August 2009 | Views [357]

Hi All,

Just a quick holler to check in. I have lots of photos I wanted to add for you all.

We have been around everywhere in July! A big month for holidays. Whilst most of you have been trying to keep warm down under, we have been sweating it up in exotic places!

We headed to Vietnam at the start of July for a long weekend sneaky  holiday. We went to a little town called Hoi An in the middle of Vietnam. It was great! Its a hertiage listed town which means that its been kept very quaint and original. Lots of exploring to do!

I had another work trip to China which was a bleep in the fun times! Mike and I then headed for a weeks well earned rest to Japan. We had been planning, counting down to this break for a while. We went to a music festival called Fuji Rock in Naeba. It was great, Oasis were one of the main acts. We were under prepared for the rain (which didnt stop) but that didnt damper our spirits too much! After 3 days of mud, we headed back to Tokyo and had a few days looking around. Japan is a very different country compared to other parts of Asia. Its expensive and things work! We went to the famous Tokyo fish market - look at the photos, its hard to believe!

Well, hope you enjoy the pics. Mike and I will be home for Christmas so we will get a chance to catch some of you then I hope.

Hope everyone is good!

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.