Existing Member?

Pictures and Stories from our Time in Thailand

A Weekend in K.L

THAILAND | Friday, 3 August 2007 | Views [121]

Howdy Everyone,

Well, thought I would drop a little line and fill you in on the fun weekend we just had! Mike and I spent a few days in Malaysia, just hanging out and exploring and I have to say Kuala Lumpur is my new favourite place! Mike was down there for work anyway this week, so Friday morning I jumped on a plane and met him there to spend the weekend. We stayed in a nice 5 star hotel and spent the days doing a bit of touristy stuff.

After being here in the disorganisation of Thailand for the last few months, it was a little strange to be in a city that was clean, neat, a little cool at times and it felt more like being in Australia than Asia!

We checked out some of the local `tourist sights`. There are some HUGE twin towers in KL, with a huge shopping mall down the bottom which we spent a bit of time in! There is also a bit single tower, similar to the Centrepoint in Sydney which you can go to the top in and there is a great view of the city. We wandered around Chinatown and Little India and Mike took me on a wild goose chase to some crap deserted art gallery in the middle of no-where (he always does it at least once).

On the much important food topic - oh my gosh! Friday night a waitress at a bar told us to check out a local food market up the road from our hotel. The food was a kind of Indian/Malay fusion and it was SOOO good. We were in this big open tin shed thing with heaps of people sitting on plastic chairs, making lots of noise and the smell was just awesome! Without a doubt the best food we have had since arriving here in Asia! And to top it off, cheap as chips, $12 or something. Bargin!

On Saturday night we went a little more fancier and went to a nice Malaysian restaurant in a funky nught area. Food was great again! Afterwards, Mike took me to an open air bar he had been to before called Luna (I think) at the top of a hotel. No joke, in the middle of the bar there was a swimming pool! No fence to stop the drunks falling in, just this huge big pool just begging to be jumped in! The view in this place was crazy. You could see all around the whole city and there were these booth seats, built out over the edge of the building! So we were sitting there sipping cocktails on comfy couches, hanging over the edge of the building! Great!

Sunday we went to the Islamic Arts museum which eas really interesting. The only reason I think Mike wanted to go, was because there was a Lebonese restaurant in the museum that does a buffet breakfast on Sundays! I guess it goes without saying, we did have the buffet!

So that was out first international getaway and it definately wont be the last! I really enjoyed KL and cannot wait to go back!

In other news, I have a THIRD interview for that job tomorrow morning! Its been over two months since I first heard about the position and I am really hanging out to find out either way if I have it or not.

Last weekend Mike and I went and spent the long weekend at a friends house at the beach in Pattaya, a few hours south of here! That was great fun. I also had my first manicure, it cost $5 and I cannot wait for the next one!

Apart from all that, not much else to report. Mike and I are waiting for some more visitors and we have a few due later this month. Ill pop some photos up from Malaysia for your viewing pleasure!

Tut-ta x

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.