Existing Member?

Tami and Pat Travel Adventures Tales Tall and Small where we are and have been...

Thanksgiving Day - Chiang Mai

USA | Tuesday, 2 December 2008 | Views [537]

show off

show off

Nov. 27

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  We spent our day today walking around the city.  I found a great little coffee shop to sit outside and sip a cold capp and people watch.  There is alot of bustle and activity and I dont tire of watching the monks pass by, or checking out who else is out touring around in a tuk tuk.  We, of course, went to a couple markets, and just took it easy.  As it is Thanksgiving, we deciding to take our cooking course today.  We did an evening class so as to not spend all day indoors.  As it is, the instructor picked us up at our hotel and took us out quite a ways out of the city, as we were wondering where we were, it was just Pat and I, we finally stopped at her house.  She instructs in an outdoor kitchen fashioned with different gas stations with woks at each one and a central table for eating what we make.  So, we made a Tom Yum soup, green chicken curry, pad thai, chicken cashew nut, and finished off with mango with sweet coconut rice.  The last, Nui made for my birthday the first time I had met her.  Pretty damn good.  Nui's and my cooking.  I made the best chicken cashew nut I've ever had.  She made sure to give a certificate that we 'passed', although I'm no sure how you could bomb it, and sent us away with cookbooks.  Anyway, it was a good time and Pat and I both talked about what we were thankful for.  Despite not being with our families, this is my favorite holiday, we made it nice and it was sweet to spend with just eachother.

Tags: chaing mai cooking course

About tami-pat


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.