Existing Member?

Tasha and Lisa Backpacking Adventures This will be our blog for our adventures to singapore, australia, new zealand and Sanfran. yours truly, Tasha and Lisa

quick update

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 6 April 2008 | Views [595] | Comments [5]

Just a quick hello to let you all know that we are alive and kicking! Um so far we've been to Auckland, paihia (bay of islands), Workworth, Raglan (surfer town), Taupo, Wellington, Nelson, Hokitika, and currently in the Franz Josef Glacier. We did the 47 metre bungeejump in Taupo, did black water rafting in the Waitamomo caves, swam under the 55m bridal veil falls (SO cold), went surfing in the incredible beaches of Raglan, and now we are going sky diving in two days over the Glaciers. That leaves the 134m bungee in Queenstown.....or perhaps the canyon swing?

There are just too much extreme things to do here, and sadly it does cost a pretty penny to risk your life....so after the sky diving we may be done with the adrenaline rushes. But NZ has much more to offer than just extreme activities, it is incredibly beautiful. Picture the most vibrant green grass, majestic rolling hills, bright blue skys, deep blue lakes and glowing red rivers, random palm trees, huge trees with massive low canopies, and lots and lots of sheep. The place is magical.

And we are so Happy to be here

WE LOVE YOU

ALL FOR NOW

T AND L

Comments

1

Well I am very glad to hear that NZ is as cool as the land down under. I must say I think you are all nuts going skydiving! You all have guts that I sure do not have..............

How much more extreme can you get then bungee jumping 134m?

Love you lots,

Mom/Jayna

  Jayna Barrie Apr 8, 2008 1:43 AM

2

I have no idea why anyone would want to throw themselves out of a perfectly good airplane??!!?? The scenery sunds great. Are you going to post anymore pictures? Glad to hear that New Zealand is just as much fun as Australia. 134 meters?????? I hope they have 120 meters of pillows underneath!!
Have fun...looking forward to your homecoming Tasha B Good!! I know your mom ans auntie Georgia are very excited about San Fran.

Love ya
Grampa and gramma

  Gramps and gramma Apr 9, 2008 8:28 AM

3

You *have* to roll down a hill inside a Zorb ball! C'mon!

  Patrick Apr 9, 2008 12:57 PM

4

Hi Lisa, Tasha,Jayna and Georgia, How is Sanfran. and the West coast of Australia? Hope everyone is well and enjoying their travels. You are not missing anything weatherwise here. The sky is unloading big snowflakes at the moment. Yikes! Feel free to sob openly for me. So please enjoy every second where you are at, on my behalf. Cheers and much love, momma mar. xxxxooo.

  marlene Apr 19, 2008 2:12 PM

5

I'm skydiving in a little less than a month. Would uou do it again.

Feel free to stop by my blog and say hello.

http://noreasonneeded.blogspot.com

  Carol Van Rooy May 1, 2008 3:25 AM

About t_l


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.