Existing Member?

Tasha and Lisa Backpacking Adventures This will be our blog for our adventures to singapore, australia, new zealand and Sanfran. yours truly, Tasha and Lisa

Hello Newzealand!

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 27 March 2008 | Views [697] | Comments [3]

Hello everyone!!

Haven't got much to update you on, we just arrived a few days ago in New Zealand. I think we were a little sad to say goodbye to Australia but were very excited to meet up with Vaden Kurt and Kyle here in NZ. Besides we will both be back someday soon(lisa very soon). We flew into Auckland about 6:30am and were soooooooo happy to see the boys!!! Such a strange but great feeling to meet up with familular faces in a different country.

After catching a Taxi we made our way back to the hostel the guys booked, and then went to starbucks to try and get some caffiene in us so we could face the day. Didn't really work, Lisa and I ended up having naps anyway. We stayed in Auckland for about 2 days, and we mostly just walked around the city or chilled at the hostel. Auckland reminded us a little bit of sydney and a little bit of calgary. It Looks a lot like downtown Sydney but has the feel of downtown calgary. During our small explorations of the city we managed to find a good kebab place and a massive music store, which was so amazing that I would move to Auckland jsut for that store. They have crazy sales on millions of records and cds selling them for as little as 2 dollars. It's like a warehouse just full of cds, books, records, mags, all for great prices, and incredible variety. I picked up a random cd by Denison Whitmer and it turned out to be awesome, considering I only bought it because the album art was cool. Turned out to be 2 dollars very well spent.

After our 2 days in Auckland we went to go pick up our rental vehicle, the RAV 4. We thought it was like a jeep sort of thing, with a roof rack and reasonable space for 5 passengers. So we head on down to the place and pay and then we go take a look at our sweet wheels. Turns out there is no roof rack and lets just say we were going to be nice and squishey in our little RAV. Biggest problem was, how are we going to fit 5 people's backpacks, a didge and a guitar case in the thing? Vaden is good at tetris so we figured we would find a way, and with a lot of bungee cords and a tarp we sure did. Of course our makeshift roof rack had to be re-evaluated about every 15 minutes at first, but eventually we got the thing nice and secure and we were off.

First stop we planned was the Bay of Islands, so here we are in Paihia, a nice little coastal town. The boys wanna go diving, so we might head south and find a good place for that. We want to go to Lake Tuapo and the watimo caves. Travelling NZ is a bit different than Australia, because we don't really have any concrete plans on where to go, and what to check out. So we're just gonna kind of drift around. Hopefully see some of the Lord of the rings sets, like the shire. Bungee jump, and sky dive? We shall see.

Keep you posted. For now we are heading south and that is all I know.

Take care all

LOVE YOU ALL. 

T and L

Comments

1

Howdy Ladies and gents. I feel like I am watching an episode of the amazing race when I read your blog. It is a wonderful source of entertainment for me. Way better than the tv show though. I have heard so many great stories about New Zealand. It will be exciting to read yours. The Rav does sound like a "cozy" ride. How do you decide who gets to sit in the middle? (Lucky person) Sounds like engineering could pop up in all of your futures one day, with the talent, you all, displayed with getting everyones gear secured. Well done. Always a pleasure to spot a posting on your blog. Miss you heaps Lisa Lou. Have fun, take care and hugs to Tasha and the gents. much love always, momma mar.

  Marlene Mar 29, 2008 10:28 AM

2

Hi Tasha B Hi Lisa, Happy to hear from you two... Souds like you are having a great time and am sure that the time will go so darn fast you won't know what hit you and you will be flying home to the ones that have missed you and love you so darn much..... It is wonderful that you two have been able to do something the rest of wish we could do, so you see you will have to tell us as much as you about all your experiences so that we can be part of your experiences. Take care little Tasha B. make good choices and we will hear from you soon. Love to both of you... Grandpa and Granda

  Grandma and Granpa Dayhome Mar 29, 2008 2:54 PM

3


Wjere the heck are you? We have missed your e-mail hugs. love you grandma Dayhome

  Gramdma Dayhome Apr 7, 2008 1:34 AM

About t_l


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.