Existing Member?

Wherever I go, there I am

10 Days to go!

CANADA | Sunday, 17 February 2013 | Views [677]

“It’s an irritating reality that many places and events defy description. Angkor Wat and Machu Picchu, for instance, seem to demand silence, like a love affair you can never talk about. For a while after, you fumble for words, trying vainly to assemble a private narrative, an explanation, a comfortable way to frame where you’ve been and whats happened. In the end, you’re just happy you were there- with your eyes open- and lived to see it.”
Anthony Bourdain

 Here is the beginning of a blog. I hope to write in it. As the above quote so aptly puts, that may not be possible. In the end I'm the one who will experience and see, and I'm the only one who will know what that feels like. What I want to have though, is something to make me feel that way again in the future. To know again what it was like when I saw what I saw. If you are reading this, then I hope I do my experiences justice and that it makes you feel like you were there, or at the very least, want to be. 

This adventure is the result of a decision, and a dream. People travel all the time, pulling their rolling luggage through airport after airport. This isn't what travel is for me, it is an experience. I love being in the airport, I love dragging my bags and camera around, getting sore shoulders. I could do it forever.

I blame my mother for my love of travel. She took me to Ireland when I was 13, and I fell in love with the rolling green hills, the mysterious stone fences and the music, lilting its way out of every pub and pore. She will be with me again on this trip, and again I hope this will be a great adventure filled with places I'll long to see again.

See you in Rome!

 

Tags: dream, intro, memories, travel

About swinginggirl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.