Existing Member?

My Long Awaited 'Round the World' Trip

Reconnecting in Christchurch

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 24 November 2008 | Views [517] | Comments [1]

How joyous to meet up with my childhood friend Caren Eccles now Constable.  We have been in and out of touch since we left Fairways primary and went to high schools far away from each other all the way through until she headed out this way in 1997 & then with the beauty of emails & Facebook (we used to write letters to each other back in our boarding school days) we were able to reconnect again about two years ago when my mom bumped into her mom and got her email address for me.  I have been staying with her & her family while I have been in Christchurch getting my trip around the land of the Kiwi sorted & we are hardly getting anything done because we are just so busy chatting chatting chatting.  We have LOADS of catching up to do and it is just awesome.

I have booked a trip with Magic Bus to do a trip around New Zeland which I am starting tomorrow for just short of a month and then back in Christchurch for Christmas with Caren and her family.  Perfect.

 

Comments

1

Needless to say Shan, I am seeeeething with jealousy while reading your 'diary'. You are having SUCH an awesome experience and I wish I was there to keep you company :) It takes so much guts to do what you're doing .. and you do it so well. You go girl!! Hope you have an absolute BLAST for the rest of your trip .. thinking of you!

Tella

ps: read your bit about the cigarette butts on the beach and for the record .. i dont do that :) Dont even nudge my butts out the car window when nobody's looking xx

  Martelle Nov 29, 2008 12:04 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.