Existing Member?

My Long Awaited 'Round the World' Trip

Reconnecting in Hervey Bay

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 9 November 2008 | Views [430]

Hervey Bay had little to do with seeing the place & much more to do with meeting up with family that I have not seen for an age which turned out to be absolutely stunning.  As my aunt & uncle had a student/teacher from China staying with them for the exact time that I was there I was not able to stay with them & instead had the pleasure of staying with my cousin, his wife and their three adorable little girls & I have to say - how awesome.  What a stunning family.  My cousins wife and I got on really well even though I only met her briefly when she got married which does not count as meeting anyway as she would have met so many people, she would never have remembered me.  I was so grateful that I landed up staying with them which gave me much more time to get to know them.

Leigh, Jennifer & I did cycle down to the well known very long jetty that has now been shortened to 800 metres & the marina for an iced coffee.  I also did an ocean kayak with my uncle to a dinky little island off the coast of Harvey Bay which was good exercise & great fun as so I did get to see a little of Harvey Bay.  As I was having so much fun and did not get to see my other cousin much I managed to change my trip around and get an extra two days in Hervey Bay which also enabled me to go and see a school dancing concert that my cousins daughter was interested in which was also all good.

I had such an amazing time with and am so gutted that I never spent any time with any of them as an adult before now.  But anyway, what's done is done & I am delighted to know that I have a very awesome side of my dads family in Hervey Bay to visit anytime.  It will give me a definite reason to return to Australia :-)

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.