Existing Member?

My Long Awaited 'Round the World' Trip

My Tickets are Booked. It's Finally Happening

SOUTH AFRICA | Monday, 14 July 2008 | Views [461] | Comments [2]

Well my 'round the world' ticket has finally been booked at a shocking £1600 (includes 6 one way flights).  Of course the fuel price is going bananas at the moment which means that flights are going mad.  Had the Zanzibar thing not come up, I would have booked the ticket with 2 extra flights to the South Pacific & Indonesia for £200 less but there we go.  That is the way cookie has crumbled and it's just how it must be.

This is something that I have wanted to do for so long that I am just amazed that it is finally just around the corner.  I am getting terribly excited although a little part of me is getting a little nervous as I am heading off on my own.  I have no doubt that this is how it is meant to be as there has been more than enough time for a travelling partner to surface which has not happened which tells me that this must be done on my own so I am cool with that.

I still have lots of stuff to get before I go & prep to do but I am sure that I will be as ready as I need to be by the time I head out on the 2nd of September.  I only have £7000 (excluding ticket, travel insurance & Aussie visa - already paid for) for the entire trip which includes 8 1/2 months local travel, accommodation & food + any extras - I would prefer to travel on more but it will just have to make it.  Budget budget budget.  I am sure having to watch the pennies will add to the experience :-)

Comments

1

Hi Shannon

Seems like we're both off on new and exciting things.

We are leaving on the of 8th August. Our container is leaving on Tuesday. YIKES!!

If you are around the netherlands please please please stop over. We would love to see you.

This is my new e-mail address although the old one is still in use for the next 2 weeks.

Keep in contact. Here is my international mobile number +31625300714 (from 9 August)

x

  Sam Jul 20, 2008 7:16 AM

2

I am jealous! One day Kaian is just gonna have to deal with his mother taking him on a backpacking trip to show him some of the world (more like me reliving some of my youth!! hee hee). Have fun - which I know you will and be safe!
Love you always
Jxxx

  Jacky Jul 22, 2008 5:55 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.