Existing Member?

RoadSide Project Team SideProject tackles its biggest adventure yet.. navigating their way across North America with only a Homer Simpson plush toy in their hands and a cheap rental car under their feet!

Final Day in NYC & Boston

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 7 January 2011 | Views [339]

Hello Team!

Well it's 9pm(ish) Thursday 6th Jan here and American Joe's has fed me good!

Monday morning saw us joining our good bud Gary on a NYC TV/Movie Locations Tour which was quite enjoyable. Gary (like every other person you meet in NYC is an actor and therefore a tour guide) was quite hilarious and quickly got used to the fact that any Seinfield or Friends trivia question would be hastily answered by my companion sitting in the thid row.

We saw some pretty interesting locations and learned some interesting but useless knowledge, like how much the most expensive penthouse in NYC sold for (Bruce Willis' very own not so bachelor pad). I must say the highlight was probably the Friends apartment building... Nick and I both posed for 'Chandler-Smile' photos but we won't be showing them to the public.

For our final night in NYC we went over to Brooklyn to visit our director friend Johnathan Stack who was very accommodating.. forcing a shot of whiskey down our throats to prepare us for the walk across Brooklyn Bridge after dark. It was very very pretty. We then headed up to the Upper East Side to the Comic Strip Club for a night of hilarity.. although slightly ruined by the drunk and obnoxious (other) Australians we were sitting next to.

Tuesday morning saw us boarding the Amtrak train to Boston. I will admit, the first two hours were spent sleeping (for me at least) but when i did awake i found the surroundings to be very very pretty. Very flat and snowy but all the trees were all different shades of red and brown and gold which made for a very beautiful ride among small towns all along the north-west coast.

We arrived in Boston about 3.30pm and checked in to our hotel straight away (which was conveniently about 50meters down the road.. and we were won over by the fact that we had.. dun dun dun.. our own showing with working HOT water! We ventured out in to the icey cold and found American Joe's which was a lovely restaurant with lovely wait staff (here's to you Allesandro!).

Wednesday we walked literally ALL over Boston following the Freedom Trail. It was beautiful (and cold!). So much of Boston is like a little Irish town with the original cobblestone roads and buildings. After an exhausting day we ordered in Chinese and had a quiet night in our hotel room.

Thursday morning (today) we picked up the car (a pretty white corolla) and Nick braved the right (or wrong) side of the road and successfully navigated his way back to the hotel (let's be honest.. it was about 3 blocks). Harvard was next, where i liked to pretend i was incredibly intelligent.. until a small mishap with a door put me back in my place. Note to all.. Havard = huge! We had a quick squiz around The Museum of Natural History which basically had me thinking of Night at the Museum and quoting Ace Ventura for two hours ("This is a lovely room of death!).

So team, the next time you here from me we'll have started the epic driving part of this adventure and hopefully we'll have some more hilarious pictures to prove to you that Nick looks more and more like a seedy Italian every day and I will some day learn to operate a door correctly!

Love to all. Miss you xx

About swatson11

Where's my biplane!?

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.