Existing Member?

RoadSide Project Team SideProject tackles its biggest adventure yet.. navigating their way across North America with only a Homer Simpson plush toy in their hands and a cheap rental car under their feet!

United Airlines Eggs, LAX & NYC Cont:

USA | Monday, 3 January 2011 | Views [353] | Comments [1]

Well team, it's Sunday evening and I'm here at the Westside YMCA (which may I point out has had no hot water since we arrived). It's a cosy little cupboard of a room that reachers somewhere between 35 - 43 degrees celcius at night.. and everyone kept telling us we'd be freezing our pants off! Wrong! More than anything we have been complaining about the heat! (It reached a full 6 degrees today! I was sweating while hiking through Central Park)

So we've been in NYC for four days now. It's been wonderful. The whole town was completely snow covered when we first arrived, it's slowly melting away off the streets now but the parks are still all white. Our first day was spent walking (without any exageration) literally about 250 blocks up and down and around Midtown and Downtown. We walked the length of Broadway twice explored SoHo, NoHo, China Town etc etc but the emotional highlight was the 9/11 memorial. It's only small now, inside the chapel that is around the corner from where the buildings were. Very humbling.

New Yrs Eve was spent in Ruby Tuesdays, a restaurant only meters away from Times Square itself.. i would go in to details.. but lets just say that a good night was had (by nearly all) and on New Yrs Day I didn't have the stomach to see daylight.

Today Nick saw his very first professional musical (Yay!) 'American Idiot' and we were lucky enough to see Billy Joe himself on stage. It was a bit of a "nothing" show in that there really was no existent plot line.. but the performances, choreography and staging were pretty brilliant.

Tomorrow we're off on a TV/Movies location tour around the city and then on Tuesday we're off to Boston for three nights where we pick up the car and officially start the road tripping part of this road trip! Hopefully we'll get a few photos up soon and check in with you all in Boston.

Love to everyone and miss you all very much! xx

Comments

1

It all Sounds Amazing! Keep doing the blogs-I love reading them. xox

  Cathryn Ricketts Jan 4, 2011 11:59 AM

About swatson11

Where's my biplane!?

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.