Existing Member?

Travel Blog | Sushil Pawar

Unusual Trip to Nainital | Uttarakhand

INDIA | Monday, 23 July 2018 | Views [622]

A weekend trip to Nainital from Delhi is one of the most relaxing getaways when you are in Delhi. It is about rejuvenating in the lap of nature and have quick access to all the urban luxuries (shops, ATMs, restaurants, public transportation etc.) at the same time. Further, the 7-hours road trip from Delhi to Nainital is bejewelled with lush grass fields and mountainscape that move the soul. So, the route is as much a delight as the destination.

We started our journey on 21st July i.e Saturday early morning at 5 AM to reach Nanital.

1st Day :

On our way to Nainital, we had our breakfast at DHABA called "MAMA Yadav Hotel" located on the outskirts of Delhi, almost 100KM.

We reached our destination at 1pm & took rest for a while. This was the beautiful view of Naini Lake we got from our Hotel Balcony.

We freshened up and started our walk towards rope way to get rope car for Snow view point. 

The peak offers amazing view of beautiful town and breathtaking snow covered mountains This was the mesmerizing view we got at TOP of Snow view point with Water droplets on trees shining like diamonds.

 

 

After enjoying two viewpoints which included Himalayan view point & Lake view point we walked on jungle road which felt like heaven surrounded by Fog & drizzle .

 

In Evening we spent time on mall road & visited One of the most scenic temple called Naini Temple & enjoyed Naini Lake view while having kullad tea

  

 

2nd Day:

We started out journey in morning at 9am after checking out from hotel. 1st place we visited was Ghanta Mandir Called Ghorakhal Golu Devta Temple

This is said to be the temple of Golu Devta who is the God of Justice or Wish. People write wishes in the paper and tie it along with the bell in the temple. This temple has thousands of bells tied on walls, trees and pillars.

The view of Bhimtal lake from the temple is also awesome. 

after breakfast, we started our travel towards Sat Tal. Amazing and beautiful with crystal clear water. Boating is must. Getting Commercialized. It's very close to Bhimtal and Naldamyanti Tal. Reaching here is also convenient and it's worth visiting this lake.

Last place we visited was Bhimtal Lake  as we wanted to try Paragliding & few Adventures activities. All water activities & paragliding are close during rainy season as it was closed from last 2 months. Boat ride in the lake is recommended in the morning /evening time or when weather is pleasant. The lake has an island which has a aquarium which can be visited by boat.

Next to the lake there is old Victoria dam and ancient Bhimtal temple. There are very few shops next to the lake and few eateries

After Bhimtal visit, we started our return journey to Delhi which took almost 8 hours & on same day i.e. Sunday @11pm we were back in Delhi.

It was great to be there and we had enjoyed everything starting from the naini zheel to horse riding andmountains views and everthing was great!

Hope, soon, I will share another trip of mine with you all. 

 

Regards,

Sushil R Pawar

Email ID: sushilpawar92@gmail.com

Tags: fog, hill station, trekking

About sushil


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.