Existing Member?

Susan and Sarah Do Asia i everyone, this is a journal maintained by Susan AND Sarah about our travels in Asia together. We will start by talking of pervious trips and then we'll start our planning and whatnot for our BIG trip. We are editing and writing this journal together a

trains, planes, and automobiles

THAILAND | Monday, 2 July 2007 | Views [495]

Ok, so I've been doing a lot of work on trains, trains, trains, in China...

from Lhasa to Xi'an, there are 3 trains a day, one depart at 0830 in  the morning , arrivel time 2nd day 20:12 pm , 

 
                    10:00                                                      20:49
 
                    10:45                                                      22:12
 
cost 630Yen for hard sleepers
from Xi'an to ChongQing train  depart Xi'an at 15:45 till 0612 cost  150Yen for hard sleeper
    
For the boat, it costs 168 Yen, this is just for accomidation, does not include meals or tickets to anyt of the attractions, those have to all be bought seperately.  If you start from Chong Qing , it's takes 4 days and 3 nights on the boat ,(currently) depart at 23:00 at night , get there 4th day in the morning.
there is only one train from YiChang to BeiJing , takes 20hours and 5mins, depart YiChang at 18:26 till 14:31, (no price on this yet...)
admisson for Three Gorges is 200RMB , including (bus, and ticket for three Gorges)
Now the next year train schedule and ticket price is not confirmed yet.
 
During the past on April and March - # 24 train from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar - every on Saturday
Departs from 07.40 and arrives in the next day at 13.20 in Beijing.
Train fare is
First class /2 berth -1 cabin/ - 180 USD per person
Second class /4 berth -1 cabin/ - 140 USD per person
I've been having trouble finding information about trains in India./  I know that we can take a train to a town about an hour from the Nepalese boarder, then we sleep the night there, then we take a bus for an hour to the boarder, walk across and walk about fifteen minutes to the bus station in Nepal and take a 12 hour bus to Kathmandu, it all costs about $55 US.
As for back to Thailand from Mongolia...I'll look into that when I get a chance next.
THe tour company I've been talking to in China says they can book our flights from Kathmandu to Lhasa, they've been really helpful and cheap and they don't have a website or anything but they're really good based out of Xi'an and said they could book hostels for us as well if we wanted them too.  You let me know if you want them to do that or if you want to book the hostels through hostelworld or something similar....we just have to watcho out in China because we are going so close to the time of the Olympics  :)
Ok, all for now, will post more later when I have more time...

Tags: The Planning Phase

About susanandsarahdoasia


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.