Existing Member?

Ja's Jolly jaunt here, there and every where

Last weekend.

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 18 November 2008 | Views [341] | Comments [1]

The Weekend of the 15th and 16th of November.
This weekend has been hectic, I  flew from Hanoi to Saigon on Saturday afternoon, and spent much of Saturday evening looking for somewhere to stay. Basically because the person who promised Lan a room changed their mind. Any way I am in a hotel now, and I hope to stay in this same room for much of the my time in Saigon. The room is special as it is on the 6th floor which and mostly surrounded by other rooms not windows. So compared to many places in the this city it is relatively quite.

Yesterday I played hard all day, a bit of TV in the morning and later I went out and had a small party with some friends of friends. It was a nice party, plus one new thing happened to me. For the first time in my life I ate crab, I was surprised as it did not taste at all like fish, and basically tasted like chicken.

Also at the little party we played Jenga, yes the amazing block game which seems to travel the world. And the people I were with loved it so much. We played it again and again for about 2 hours.

In the evening I went to a Salsa class, the class was in some woman’s living room. It was fun to watch and I met a few new people. Including two Koreans, I felt sorry for the Korean man, as clearly he bought a girl whom he wanted to date. The short and long of it is, she gave me her number and e-mail umber within a few minutes of talking, but I guess he had been trying to get her number for a long time.

After Salsa I went off and changed my clothes and then went out for a meal, where I met some people that I had worked alongside in Korea, Vietnamese people are so warm and friendly it’s really cool. I also met some new people from China too. All of them are lawyers. The food was great, and it was washed down with a few beers. Having said that the beer here gets weaker and weaker as the evening goes on. Because the waiter kept dropping more and more ice into my glass. Hehehehe.


Comments

1

Wow!! congratulations !! yOu finally tried to eat seafood. Now you have another experience that you never get before. ㅋㅋㅋ
How about your classes. I think you are taking trip every day, but you went there to have some courses. Next time tell us about your studying. Take care ^^

  hee sook Nov 22, 2008 1:19 PM

About supertopoz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.