Existing Member?

Ja's Jolly jaunt here, there and every where

Our rest day trip up to Halong Bay

VIETNAM | Sunday, 9 November 2008 | Views [397]

Not much happened which was unusal today, we took a boat and went up to Ha Long bay to see some caves and to see various other sights. We also went Canoeing and snorkeling.

So I will mention about the people we went with. A couple from Lithuania Who were very young and quite. What appeared to be a Gay couple from Switzerland who appeared very much to be in love. Two guys from Bavaria who were also climbers but were not climbing on this trip. Also an Australian and a Vietnamese woman who may or may not have been a wife, servant to something of that nature.

It was a good fun trip. The weather was cool and windy in the morning, and hot and sunny in the afternoon. I met a few Koreans in various places too. Frankly they were worse than Americans on vacation, which of course is only opinion not fact.

Also for the first time today I had a glass of Sugar cane juice, and the lady making it was totally perplexed because I help her use the machine which squishes the juice out of the cane. It was hard work, so she was surprised but pleased.

For Dinner we went to the Green Mango. Which seems to becoming out regular dinner venue. I had a red curry which tasted exactly the same as last nights green Curry, but of course it was red. However we were so tired it was hard to eat anything.

Love to you all.

Jason

About supertopoz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.