Existing Member?

Chris & Lindee see the world

To Chiang Rai

THAILAND | Wednesday, 31 August 2011 | Views [667]

A bunch of crazy Aussies have foot massages together!

A bunch of crazy Aussies have foot massages together!

Tuesday - Spectacular morning with Gayle & Wayne in Chiang Mai.  Having all of us walked very, very far since arriving in Thailand, a group foot massage was called for.  Lila's Massage was the place to go for us to sit together & enjoy.  We think Chris probably had the boss lady for his...she was very firm and maybe hurt just a little bit!  Great fun and feet & legs felt lighter & more able to cope with MORE walking!  A short one took us 2 blocks to Hot Chilli for lunch.  A little dearer than we usually spend but very delicious...beautiful Thai food.  A short walk back to Pat's for us to gather our things & wait for our transport to take us to the bus station.  Goodbye to the McKews until we meet them in Krabi next week.

Our VIP bus took 3 hours to reach Chiang Rai where we were met at the bus station by Toony from Chiang Rai Mini Resort, which he operates with his wife Phaet (they live onsite with their 2 children.  We're out of the main town of Chiang Rai on the edge of a small village...so quiet and peaceful.  As we enjoyed a cool drink by the pool we could hear the monks chanting at the nearby temple.  After enjoying a delicious meal prepared by Phaet we retired for the night to our bungalow and our lovely soft bed and pillows (most beds in Thailand are extremely firm) and drifted off to sleep to the sound of crickets outside in the garden.

About supergg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.