Existing Member?

Chris & Lindee see the world

To Ayutthaya

THAILAND | Tuesday, 23 August 2011 | Views [410]

From Kanchanaburi to Ayutthaya by minibus.  Yaayyy!!

From Kanchanaburi to Ayutthaya by minibus. Yaayyy!!

On waking this morning we both had a brilliant and spontaneous idea that we should leave the peace and quiet of Apple's in Kanchanaburi and try to get to our next destination of Ayutthaya.  Changing our booking was no problem and at 1.30 our minivan arrived.  Another experience to add to our ever growing list of unique, new Thai experiences.  We were squashed into a van with 12 seats which should probably only have had about 8 for any real sense of comfort, and roared across the country for 2 1/2 hours or so.  For about the last 1/2 hour we had no airconditioning...pretty warm today in country Thailand!  We hit the streets of Ayutthaya after freshening up (and having a short nap), to see what we could find for dinner.  We got horribly lost & hot & sweaty, so when a tuk tuk driver approached us we were most grateful...would have paid anything at that point.  Tomorrow a tour of Ayutthaya by tuk tuk & boat (the Chao Praya River - River of Kings - that runs through Bangkok also runs through here).

About supergg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.