Existing Member?

Chris & Lindee see the world

Kanchanaburi 2

THAILAND | Tuesday, 23 August 2011 | Views [326]

River Khwae at sunset

River Khwae at sunset

After such a hectic Saturday, we decided on a quieter day for Sunday.  Sleeping in was certainly a much welcome option and wandered across the road to Apple's Restaurant for a late brekky.  The restaurant provides some of the most delicious Thai food we've ever tasted...Tom Kha Kung, Pad Thai, Red Curry, Thai style fried rice, Deep fried Veg dumplings...but the highlight for me would have to be their vego spring rolls made with FRESH spring roll wraps that they by from a local lady at the market (see food photos).

But I digress,  brekky done we donned our walking shoes (AGAIN) and took a different direction for a while.  Had a foot treatment performed by an aquarium full of tiny little fish...the weirdest feeling...they eat all the dead skin.  Found a couple of bars dedicated to encouraging their guests to "drink, drunk, dance" or "get shitfaced on a shoestring"...not my words but the advertising at the front of their establishments.  That experienced done we headed back in the direction of "the bridge" and some refreshments.  I had my eye out for the coconut ice cream...mmmmmm...Then more shopping at the markets followed by more refreshments at the bar below the bridge...let's see...a coconut!  All our walking, which we have welcomed because we could both use the exercise, has its drawbacks...the sun can be fierce and I now resemble something akin to a beetroot.  So glad I packed my Evohe Repair Intensive...brilliant stuff...it's healing well.

Chris has been wanting me to share some of HIS highlights!  He is quite astounded at the necessity to WASH after using the toilet rather than using and flushing toilet paper...must have the dodgiest sewers!  The men's toilets are less than private by his reckoning with rather a lack of doors and cleaning ladies with open access!

About supergg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.