Existing Member?

Chris & Lindee see the world

Bangkok resting!

THAILAND | Thursday, 18 August 2011 | Views [376]

Dim sum in Chinatown, with the Aussie chopstick man

Dim sum in Chinatown, with the Aussie chopstick man

Today has been a much more restful day...no rushing around like crazy tourists!  After a fairly early brekky we headed out to try to catch some of the early morning market stalls...FAIL!  BUT there's always another laneway full of stalls to explore in Bangkok!  The fabric section of this area of the city was our goal.  We (well I really) had a wonderful time looking at and feeling the exquisite Thai silks, both in fabric lengths and made into all manner of clothes and soft furnishings.  Chris found the pins he'd been looking for everywhere!!  And we got pretty much lost among the maze of streets and laneways that make up the Pahurat neighbourhood.  This adjoins the area known as Little India, which we managed to step into briefly.  The fragrance of Little India is very different from other parts of Bangkok...spicy & delicious.  Could have spent hours here...but there was a table in a restaurant in Yaowarat Rd calling our name.  Purchases back to the hotel room & up the road for a dim sum lunch, including my favourite - deep fried prawn spring rolls!  Yummo!!

That was enough big city living for us for today and a short walk back to the hotel for a reflexology massage was just the ticket for some shopping weary feet (well mine anyway).  Feeling much better now & waiting for my beautiful tailor made Thai silk tops & pants to be delivered, by our man Krishna, before heading upstairs to the revolving restaurant for a fancy dinner!!

Out of the big smoke tomorrow to the relative quiet of the country in Kanchanaburi.

About supergg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.