Existing Member?

Chris & Lindee see the world

Day 7 Japan - Kanazawa

JAPAN | Monday, 11 November 2019 | Views [220]

The GodBurger

The GodBurger

Kanazawa – on our own

It’s Rod’s birthday. A free day found us in slow motion for a while. It was Sunday after all. And when we did move, our first stop was for coffee not too far away. Then a short stroll to see if Godburger was an option this early. Nope, still closed…maybe later 😊. Not keen on too much walking we took ourselves along a beautiful tree lined avenue towards the castle on the hill. The castle was originally built in the late 16th century. As with most (it seems) significant buildings throughout Japan this one was made from timber and burned down more than once in its life. The most recent and significant restoration was earlier this century. It was rebuilt from the ground up! The sun was shining which made for a pleasant wander through some of the smaller streets back to find some birthday lunch at Godburger. Yes! It was opened, although we needed to wait some time for a table in this very small restaurant. The burgers (vegetarian too) were fresh and delicious.

Rest time was called for a couple of hours before we ate again! This time, though, a celebration was to be had. Our taxi drove us to Daian, the restaurant that our guide, Keiko, had arranged. An Izakaya style place where we were able to taste lots of small plates and flavours. And finished with a special birthday dessert plate and, of course, some Happy Birthday singing.

About supergg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.