Existing Member?

Chris & Lindee see the world

Homeward Bound - End of the European Extravaganza

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Tuesday, 14 February 2017 | Views [405]

The Tiber meets the Mediterranean in Fiumicino

The Tiber meets the Mediterranean in Fiumicino

The little fishing town of Fiumicino was very quiet when we wandered out for dinner after a restful afternoon in our very comfy and spacious room at Hotel Seccy. Eventually we came across a restaurant that was open and serving dinner at what we consider to be a reasonable hour for dinner. My last dinner in Italy was, of course, pasta. And in this seaside location the ravioli filled with fish in a lobster bisque was the perfect end to our last day in Italy, indeed in Europe.

We slept comfortably and woke early and ready to fly home (If one can ever be truly ready for a day on a plane). 6 hours with Alitalia (and surprisingly good in flight meals), a couple of movies, and we arrived in Abu Dhabi. Just a (slightly more than) 2 hours stopover and we were winging our way to Brisbane.

It's been a couple of days since our return. Excited greetings from our children and grandchildren were wonderful. Missed them so much. Still adjusting to the timezone but rest is so much better in our own bed.

About supergg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.