Existing Member?

Chris & Lindee see the world

Harry Potter Day

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 16 January 2017 | Views [307]

Our Harry Potter day was just so special it deserves a journal entry to itself.

We seem to find train catching days a bit of a challenge...unfamiliar places, unfamiliar processes (public transport), and big crowds of people going places. But we  made our way on foot to Euston Station, bought our "overground" tickets for Watford, grabbed a coffee and a pastry and waited for the train. Arriving in Watford we headed out of the station for the shuttle bus to HARRY POTTER WORLD!! Oh, in the rain!

Although we had prepurchased our tickets online we had to collect our tickets proper. The lovely lady behind the counter could see that we were pretty excited and gave us a children's passport each (something fun to share when we get home). Once through security (yep, it's everywhere) we were right in front of the Hogwarts Christmas tree, there was a flying car above us, and around the corner was the "cupboard under the stairs". The whole experience is so very professionally put together. People (especially children) celebrating birthdays get to open the main door to Hogwarts. And there is the Great Hall, just like the movie...well mostly. Dumbledore stands at the head table surrounded by his teachers, the long tables are laden with a Christmas feast. We leave the Hall and traverse a display of HP memories...the gown that Hermione wore to the ball beside Victor's uniform; A "chocolate" feast, complete with frogs, chocolate ones of course. Then we cross into see the actual sets...Dumbledore's office with pensieve; Gryffindor's common room; the Weasley's home; the room of requirement; the door to the Chamber of Secrets; a chance to lift a broom "UP"; photo ops for wanted posters & broomstick flying; tasting butterbeer...yummmm; Hogwart's Express; Diagon Alley; Privet Drive. Oh! What a day!

We returned to our London hotel late, tired and very satisfied after a wonderful experience.

About supergg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.