Existing Member?

Travelling Teacher

Back to London

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 10 January 2009 | Views [185]

So I caught up with my old flatmate Joan in Inverness. We had lunch at hers, had a great chat, swapping stories from the last 4 years or so. Then she delivered me to the airport. And what a story that is!  Inverness airport!! Having travelled through Auckland, LA, Heathrow, Stansted, Innsbruck, Luton, Ljubljana airports, Inverness would be the smallest, and also the one where I got held up the most. They were checking everyone's bags once they'd been through the scanner - it's like, why bother putting them through the scanner at all if you're gonna pull everything out anyway? However, I finally made it through and headed out to the airplane.

On Friday I had planned to have lunch with a few friends from the school I used to teach at - Sir John Cass Red Coat & Foundation School. Bit of a mouthful I know, but I did enjoy working there for the most part, even if it was more to do with the people I worked with rather than the teaching! Before I did that though I went via the Borough Markets (again!) to pick up some food to take to lunch. Had a great Thai Green Curry and bought some wonderful turkish delight and brownie to take to lunch. It was great to catch up with them - they were all in their 2nd or 3rd years of teaching when I first began working with them. I also caught up with another couple of friends from the same school for a drink in the local pub after school. It was really good to see them all again.

That night I met up with Adele, Chris and Kirsten and we went out for Vietnamese food - it was very delicious and quite cheap too. Afterwards I coerced Adele & Chris to go into Leicester Square, just so I could see downtown at night - something I hadn't done yet. We went into the Trocadero (an arcade similar to Time Out only much better with Dodgems in it) and we played this carnival type game that I'd played a number of years ago in the same place. We had fun.

About suejamieson


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.