Existing Member?

Stephanie's Adventures

Cortona, Italy: Part 4

ITALY | Tuesday, 6 December 2011 | Views [300]

Monday 11/28 806pm Cortona, Italia
     I'm currently sitting in the living room by the fire because it's so cold outside. I haven't been turning on my heater in my room because it's only cold when I'm not under my mound of blankets, but earlier I had to turn it on. Today was my day off and I decided to hike to Cortona... which was absolutely ridiculous. The clouds were unrelenting and I ended up getting lost twice on my way there because I couldn't actually see where the hill/mountain that Cortona is on was. Once I figured it out, it took almost two hours to hike up the hill/mountain. I was exhausted when I got there and since I had got such a late start, I only got to spend about an hour there. But an hour was enough to walk around and see all the stuff that was in the movie, so I was happy. I walked down a different way, and that is where everything got confusing. I found myself on the smallest dirt roads, just winding around this mountain. I knew where I wanted to be, but it was difficult finding the roads to get there. I ended up cutting through vineyards and olive groves to eventually find the route I wanted. The whole time I was trespassing, I was like crawling across the fields because I was worried someone was going to see me. After about an hour, I finally got back to where I knew I was. The total trip was 6 hours, and I was hiking the whole time. What a day off! 

About stptaylor10


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.