Existing Member?

myfooteprints adventures on the road

languid lethargy

SOUTH KOREA | Thursday, 25 June 2009 | Views [651]

i've been languidly lounging in a lethargic lot as of late.  and not just with keeping this little blog thing up to date with the going ons of my life.  i haven't been climbing as much as i need to be to feel sane.  the last few weeks was full of social gatherings, late nights and goodbyes.  well only one goodbye, but it was a goodbye to josh, who was someone i'd spent most of the last half a year hanging and climbing with and we'd grown quickly into close friends.  he'll be missed.  with that said, i'm excited for him to hit up thailand and experience that place in all it's chaotic and sensory wonder.  i know he'll have a blast.


as a prelude to his leaving, there were a lot of get togethers involving late nights and more than a few drinks.  this also precluded early morning rises to get out climbing.  my body and i were not on speaking terms for awhile.  but with his departure, i've returned to a routine more in tune with the balanced lifetsyle that suits me.  early mornings of stretching and meditation.  food that is both delicious and healthy.  and enough of the social side to keep me in touch with the outside.  not to mention, i've been going to the beach every morning before work to swim in the ocean and bask in the sun.  just one of the reasons why i choose to live in sokcho.

this weekend i have plans to go climbing up in the park with my old friend, bryan, who'll be visiting me with his wife and baby girl from down south.  as much as i'm looking forward to seeing them, i'm as excited to get back on the rock and stretch myself out on some seroaksan stone.


goodbye to languid lethargy.  and good riddance.

About stonesamurai


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.