Existing Member?

myfooteprints adventures on the road

changes

CANADA | Thursday, 10 July 2008 | Views [337]

a lot can change in three years. my home has changed more than a handful of times, as has my job. coming back to newfoundland, it's much easier to notice the changes in the things, people and places that i haven't seen in so long. my parents look slightly older. my dad's hairline is receding. a reminder of the mortality of my own thick (and now greying) hair. fluffy, the cat that i helped raised from a kitten is still around, though about 10 pounds heavier than i remember her. brooke continues to grow into a young woman. the house that i've come home to is not merely changed, it's completely new. my folks moved from my hometown of hr. breton a year ago, to the even smaller and much more central town of appleton. it's a nice place and feels cozy enough to consider 'home'. it will be interesting to get back to flatrock. another one of those very familiar places that will have no doubt changed considerably. what with the sever winters that shift the giant boulders at the base of mainface, and the route development by jason wall and company, it promises to be a whole different crag.

About stonesamurai


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.