Existing Member?

myfooteprints adventures on the road

bangkok to tsuyama to squamish

CANADA | Friday, 4 July 2008 | Views [446]

it has been awhile since my last post.  i guess i've been too busy since leaving thailand to put anything up here.  or too lazy...

my time in japan was enlightening.  i was very excited to see my old friends again.  but i realized as the bus pulled into familiar tsuyama, that i did not actually miss living there.  although i did miss my old mates, i did not miss being in tsuyama.  i did not miss the lack of climbing.  nor the drama.

most of my time spent back in tsuyama was spent catching up with my old friends, both gaijin and japanese.  the two months that had passed had seemed like a year, only to me.  and a good year at that.

but now i'm in squamish, climbing everday with my good friends, tyler and cody, all of us whom met on ton sai.  the past five days have been spent crack cragging, multipitch ridge climbing, bouldering and today, sport climbing.  though we woke up at 5:30am to get an early start on the grand wall, rain shooed us out of the city up to cheakamus where we put in a valiant effort on 9 pitches.

and now, as with everyday this week, i've enjoyed a beer, a soak in the outdoor  hot tub and now am about to feast on barbequed meat.  nice.

About stonesamurai


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.