Existing Member?

myfooteprints adventures on the road

the art of misreading

THAILAND | Sunday, 22 June 2008 | Views [365]

so once again i find myself in bangkok dealing with a missed flight.  though the circumstances are different, the situation is much the same.  i managed to misread my flight time, which was listed as 1:55.  having worked on a 24 hour clock in japan for the past year, i should have ralized that this was an am time.  yet for whatever reason, i thought i'd be flying out this afternoon.  i came to realize this error on the busride to the airport.  the airline i had booked with, east china airlines (which was one of the worst flights i've ever taken to get from osaka to bangkok), for some reason has no staff in the airport on sunday and the prospect of me getting a flight out with them today seemed grim.  luckily, i was assisted by some friendly thais who have much expereince helping foreigners deal with missed flights.  they found me the next cheapest flight out of here on malaysian airlines to put me in osaka by tomorrow morning.  i'll be in osaka at 7 tomorrow morning.

i am oddly unperturbed by this whole ordeal.  an expensive mistake for something so small as misinterpreting a few numbers.  a call to pay attention on my part. 

About stonesamurai


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.