Existing Member?

Harrys Big Fat Adventure

Again, it's been AGES!

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 21 February 2008 | Views [502] | Comments [1]

Well, I don't even know if anyone is reading this stuff anymore, it's been AGES!


Don't really remember where I left it to be honest . . . !

Ok, so I just re-read the last one, I know where I am now.

So, I spent like a week in Qtown, then went back to Cromwell for a week to hang out and see my mates, get drunk etc etc!!

Was a pretty good week, just topped up the man tan, and partied it up. Persuaded Cam and Dion to come to Qtown with me. Woop Woop!! I think I hitched back to Qtown on Thursday? Can't remember really. I do, however, remember the guy being an obsolute legend! He offered to take me back to Qtown to see my mates, or whatever, whenever I wanted. He owned some company there and commuted everyday.. .

Checked back into my second home, Bumbles Backpackers, and went straight to Addstaff, a temping agency. Got work the next day, digging holes!!


Wasn't that bad, pretty hard work though. Literally got driven to some random persons house given a spade and told to fill in a big hole! Took maybe 3hours. Then got driven somewhere else and worked with a guy called Dave, digging a hole this time!

The next job I had going was with a company called PartyPlus. Was brilliant. Worked that the rest of the time I was in Qtown. Baically, they hired out everything to do with big parties, marques, stages, dancefloors, lighting. EVERYTHING. Was such a laugh!

The boss was a nutcase though, he ran on insults, smokes and tea. Just whenevr he insulted you, it was hillarious! You'd finish your little job you'd been given, go to help someone else and he'd go ballistic. Start Fing and Blinding, then he'd give the 'I only Fing pay you from the neck down. IDIOT!!' So we just stood there, getting paid, untill he told us to do something else. Sweeeeeeeet!

There was one guy, who temped for a day or something, who was French. Jeebus, he got it bad! Heath just ribbed him all day ( we were working 10hour days) and this guy was basically in tears at the end of it. Just didn't understand you could laugh at it... Poor guy.

Some of the houses we went to were amazing, HUGE! They had Ferraris in the drive, Hot tubs, amazing views, no neighbours. Forgot to take my camera most days though, so didn't really get any great piccies :-(

Then I Dion and Cam rolled up, so I had a week off. We just hung out, went to the movies, chilled on the beach, kayaking and mountain biking. Was pretty sweet to be honest . . .

It was Carlos, a guy I met fruit picking, birthday on one of the weekends. So the chillin mob and a few of the other people we hung out with all came to Qtown for a big night out, which turned into 3! Was a great weekend to be honest, spent fart too much money though. Well just in general really, not just on the weekend. Qtown is a very expensive place to live . . .

So Cam, Dion and I have decided to get away from it for a bit, get some money behind us, then head back down for ski season. . . Cam actually broke her shoulder on the old mountain biking expo, was pretty intense, proper downhill stuff! So she's staying with her sis in Christchurch for a few weeks, whilst Dion and I are lloking for work around Blenheim . . .

Got to bounce now, will try to get on this journal thingy a bit more often again, a good way of letting people know where I'm at. Even though I just email most of you and you email me instead of posting comments. Meh, whatever.

!!

Tags: The Whole Adventure

Comments

1

Sounds like you're having a great time Harry. Nice reading about your exploits.
Much love, Corinne

  Corinne Peacock Apr 22, 2008 5:17 PM

About stokeze


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.