Existing Member?

Viva Italia 2013

The Appian Way February 27, 2013

ITALY | Wednesday, 27 February 2013 | Views [165]

So now for today's journey. My bus skills are improving. I love travelling this way once I figure it out.  It's like a puzzle. So I ride Metro A to Metro B to Piramide. Then I take the bus round trip which goes on the appian way.  I love imagining all of the people who have traveled here for hundreds of years. Half way along the way, the driver hoped off and took about a 10 minute break. It just seemed funny to me.

Believe it or not I had difficulty seeing the Pyramide, really. It is being repaired and cleaned and surrounded by scaffolding. Not what I was looking for. Expectations!  Next discovery is the Protestant/NonCatolic Cemetary where Shelley and Keats are buried. Of course I walked almost around the entire cemetary before finding the enterance. This cemetary is so lovely and a real treat to find.

I returned to Santo Stefano Rotundo-another favorite site.  The lighting (day light) has a beautiful affect on the inside. Here too reapairs and cleaning were taking place. I took a peak at this cute little boat stature in front of the Georrifica Societa.

Trinita del Monti Church is at the top of the Spanish Steps. Since I have never visited this, I travelled on my favorite little bus 117 to see this. It was very nice.

I returned to the cafe where I had the tiramisu to inquire about my charge. The owner said the tiramisu was 7E no matter if I ate it at the bar or the table. Ridiculous. Next time I will get the price before I take a bite.

Today was Pope Benedict's last audience and last papal appearance. The media coverage for this event was a lot more than that of Sunday's sermon.  It also looked like alot more people attended the event.

Tomorrow is my BIG spontaneous adventure.

About stix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.