Existing Member?

Lets find some exctiting place to get lost and have adventures...

The Worm Hunters!

NICARAGUA | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [361]

In 2009, I was employed as a Principal Investigator for the first ever Nicaraguan Earthworm Expedition by the Society for Environmental Exploration and the London Natural History Museum. National Geographic supported an accompanying documentary ‘Worm Hunters,’ which I helped to organise locations and logistics, while also carrying out the science, some of which is captured in the documentary. The result was screenings of the documentary at the world’s premier wildlife film festivals; including Wildscreen, Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival (Special Jury Award), the Czech Republic’s IUTYT ecological Film Festival (the Josef Velek Grand Prix), The World of Knowledge, Russia (Grand Prix Award & Special Jury Award for Creative Pursuit), Greenscreen Filmfestival, Germany (Special Jury Prize) International Wildlife Film Festival, USA (3 Merit Awards for Editing, Creative Approach and Graphics).

Tags: adventure, documentary, earthworms, nicaragua, presenter, science

 

About stew_e_lee


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.