Existing Member?

Galopping around the world

Punta del Este

URUGUAY | Wednesday, 9 December 2009 | Views [277]

ahhhhh finally summer! Leaving Montevideo yesterdy the city did seem quite a bit more lively so the quiteness must have really been because it was sunday. After 2 hours on the bus I arrived in Punta del Este a big beach resort area.. pretty much where all the Argentines and Brazilians go on holiday.. The hostel is just a 5 min walk from the beach.. perfect. it was a bit windy yesterday but today was a beautiful day.. spend most of it at the beach sun bathing and swimming and then went for a walk along las Ramblas ( the coast line).. it was really beautiful. I am really lucky because the High Season is just about to begin so it is still pretty quiet.. Give it a few more weeks and I think this place will be packed. Punta del Este is really quite touristy but at the moment I don´t mind at all as he hostel is realy quiet, I can relax at the beach and re-charge my batteries a bit noisy Buenos Aires.

An interesting thing in Montevideo was that I saw all these people walking around with these weired things looking like pipes with some green stuff in it... At first I thought what the hell is that? Turns out it is tea.. MaTe. They carry these things around with them together with a Thermo under their arm.. looks quite random at times... I met some really lovely Argentines and a Brazilian Couple in the Montevideo hostel who taught me the basics of Argentinian meats... trust me there are sooooo many different types.. You´d be surprised how many parts there are to a cow... Here in Punta del Este I hung out with a lovely Austrian girl who unfortunately was heading to Argentina today..

Fingers crossed the weather will be good tomorrow so I can enjoy another beach day... I will pretty much spend all thursday travelling back to Buenos Aires...Monday I am off to Brazil and then meet Renato at the airport on tuesday

About stefylein


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Uruguay

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.