Existing Member?

Surfing 50 States www.surfing50states.com

Surfing Times Square & Meeting Mum

USA | Saturday, 6 January 2007 | Views [389]

http://web.mac.com/surfing50states/iWeb/Surfing%2050%20States/Blog/0F797A99-5143-4280-92D2-A10847E18577_files/P1070043.jpg Meeting Mum & Surfing Times Square! Howdy Folks, Jonno here comin to ya straight outta New York! So today we met my Mum and Stepdad Stephen at the Guggenheim Museum. We were supposed to be there at 11.30am, but we were late! We were also supposed to get up at 6am to go for a surf down the coast but we had a late night and noone set an alarm so we woke up a lot later! I skated ahead and caught the subway and the others caught a cab later on. Jen (our marvellous hostess) used to work at ‘The Goog’ so she hooked up up with tix! It was an excellent exhibition of Spanish painters over different periods so there were Picasso’s and Dali’s. The building is amazing also with the spiraling rotunda! Jen went home to help Brooke (our other marvelous hostess) cook dinner and the rest of us walked through Central Park on a beautiful summer feeling winter’s day. Went to Strawberry Fields and saw the IMAGINE mosaic and we had a drink at the Cafe where John Lennon used to have a cuppa! We then went to Harry’s Burrito’s for some hearty mexican food which Mum and Stephen hadn’t yet experienced! Goodbye to the folks for the day as we made to subway journey back to Brooklyn to help Jen and Brook finish dinner before the guests arrived! Max, Garry, Becca, August, Willow, Amy, Jeff, Mike, Mike and others joined us 5 for an excellent dinner party with fantastic food and a killer game of pictionary. Aussie words are quite hard to draw and guess it turns out! So at 1am, the decision was made it was finally time to surf NYC! We loaded up the Ice-Cream Truck with about 10 guests and drove into Times Sqaure. We found a dodgy carpark, strapped a skateboard to the surfboard, dressed up as Dazza from Dubbo (Stefan), Johan from Sweden (Jonno), and Santa....from Germany (Max the German). We rolled down to middle Times Square and proceeded to film us surfing in New York in Times Square at 2am! At this time of night we definitely met some crazies and we had a WHOLE LOT of people join us in ‘giving surfing a go!’ All the 10 crew from the Brooklyn dinner party, a few local kids from Harlem, and 2 Jewish brothers who proceeded to execute 2 backflips on the ground and land on a guy surfing who had a pretty big wipe-out. FUNNY! Santa (max) was a HUGE hit with everyone (even thought Christmas was 10 days ago! Everyone loves Santa and the highlight of the night was a group of people who thought we were from M-tv chanting “We Love Dubbo” over and over again! HILARIOUS! Load up the truck and drive back to Brooklyn for bed at 3.30am! SURFING NYC, Johan and Dazza....and lots of friends!

Tags: Adventures

About stefan_and_jonno


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.