Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within. ~Lillian Smith

Next stop...the Amazon Jungle!

ECUADOR | Friday, 29 February 2008 | Views [1074] | Comments [4]

Today is the start of my tour, our first stop....the Amazon Jungle! We took a 30 minute flight to the town of Coca.  From there, it was a 10 minute ride to the launching spot to begin the next phase of our journey. We took a motorized canoe 2 1/2 hours (60 miles) up the Napo River which eventually empties into the Amazon. We then walked for 15 minutes on a board walk that was built about 4 feet high and about 3 feet wide.  I was happy to not be walking in the mud but can only imagine how long it took them to build it. We then got into dugout canoes for the final 20 minute ride through the lagoon to our lodgings for the next 3 nights, La Selva Jungle Lodge.   To be continued.....

Comments

1

Steph,

It looks like your adventures have been quite exciting! It is such a treat for us to see what you have been up to and I am so happy that you are sharing this experience with all of us!

Take care of yourself and can't wait to see what you will post next!

<3, Simona

  Simona D. Apr 26, 2008 5:31 AM

2

I have just see your picture by chance on the internet. it looks amazing. Could you please tell me which tour company you used for your tour of the amazon please?

Valerie

  valerie May 23, 2008 12:19 PM

3

I hope you are having a wonderful time. Where are you now? It looks like the blog stops in February.

  Katie McGill Aug 6, 2008 9:49 AM

4

Don't leave me hanging SR...
It's not good to drop off the blog with "next stop, Amazon Jungle". Just want to make sure it wasn't your last stop.

  Jeff McCall Mar 20, 2009 2:37 AM

About sregevig


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.