Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within. ~Lillian Smith

La Compañia Church in Quito

ECUADOR | Thursday, 28 February 2008 | Views [2584]

Yesterday, Colleen and I had made plans to go to the historic district since the first time I went, my exploring was cut short by pouring down rain.  We literally walked up and down the streets of the historic district and were typical tourists, taking pictures of the main squares and the old churches.  We went inside the Iglesia de la Compañia de Jesus which is in the pictures.  It was built from 1605-1765 and the interior looked like it was made of gold.  It was actually 23 karat gold leaf that they used to guild the church and with the sunshining through the windows and dome, the interior of the church glowed.  After that, we went to Plaza Grande and people watched.  I tried in vain to find a post office to mail off postcards but although it was on a ¨you are here map¨ and in my guidebook, I never did find it.  Colleen was kind enough to mail them off for me since we knew there was once by the hostel.  We saw rain was coming, so we headed back and said a quick good-bye.  Tomorrow, I was taking off on my GAP tour.   

About sregevig


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.